Pear ‘doyenne du Comice’
- Sweet and juicy fruit especially when stored 2-3 weeks before eating.
- Fruit best picked early to mid March.
- Tree suitable for wet sites unlike other fruit trees.
- Needs pollinators like Buerre Bosc, Packhams or Conference.
- Eating and bottling.
- Suitable for home orchards and espalier along fence lines.
- Spraying for pests and diseases usually not needed.
- Moderately wind hardy.
- Frost hardy.
- Avoid coastal conditions.
- Prefers full sun to partial shade.
- Dry to very moist soil conditions.
|5 year old tree||2.5m||2.0m|
|10 year old tree||4.0m||3.5m|
|Country of Origin: France|