- Rusty brown coloured with oval shaped new foliage which turns glossy green as it matures.
- Dark purple fruit attracts pigeons late summer and autumn.
- Eye catching tree.
- Specimen tree in medium to large gardens.
- Border plantings.
- Prefers full sun.
- Copes with some dryness in soil but prefers it moist.
- Will cope with light frost but needs protection when young. Has been grown in Christchurch.
- Moderately wind hardy.
|5 year old tree||4.0. m||2. 0 m|
|10 year old tree||7.0 m||3.0-4.0 m|
|Country of Origin: NEW ZEALAND Evergreen|