Metrosideros excelsa ‘Mistral’
Pohutakawa x Northern Rata
- Dark green foliage with crimson flowers in summer.
- Attractive red stems on new growth.
- An upright form.
- Is slightly more frost tolerant than straight pohutakawa.
- As a specimen tree in the lawn.
- Suitable for wind and visual screening.
- Size and shape of tree makes it a good choice for street and avenue plantings.
- Very coastal and wind hardy.
- Tolerates mild frosts.
- Grows in dry to moist soil conditions.
- Full sun to part shade.
|5 year old tree||2.5m||1.0m|
|10 year old tree||4.0m||2.0m|
|Country of Origin: New Zealand|