Pear ‘Beurre Bosc’
- Bell shaped fruit with a long tapered neck.
- Bronze coloured fruit due to russet.
- Extremely sweet and juicy if left to tree ripen. Mid season picking.
- Heavy cropper which generally requires no spraying.
- Heavy cropper especially if cross pollinator available.
- Easy care fruit—good for home gardens.
- Espalier along fence lines.
- Suitable for wet sites.
- Moderately wind hardy
- Frost hardy.
- Avoid coastal conditions.
- Prefers full sun to partial shade.
- Dry to very moist soil conditions.
|5 year old tree||2.5m||2.0m|
|10 year old tree||4.0m||3.5m|
|Country of Origin: France|